March 01, 2010

Inspired by the sea


Magdeleine

When these fabulous ceramic cabs from SeaUrchin arrived I had so many ideas running through my head. Magdeleine is inspired by shipwrecks ~ I would love to write a romantic tale of smugglers and french maidens but I don't think my storytelling is quite up to it. Think Frenchmens Creek (Daphne DuMaurier) ;)

The name came from a shipwreck list Magdeleine was shipwrecked in 1906 just off the Scilly Isles ~ I'm really pleased with the final look ~ looking as if she was found in the depths amongst the wreckage ~ here's what I did write :~

Diving down into the cold dark water Jacob searched among the debris of the wreck ~

1906 Magdeleine The Garrison, Isles of Scilly French Trawler

ROmantically I would love to imagine the Madeleine a smuggling ship adding mystery and romance to this piece but sadly I don't know the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to post a comment ~ I love reading them and even if I don't have chance to reply please know I appreciate each and every word ♥