August 20, 2011

Birthdays and new things

Firstly huge apologises for my tardiness, its been a very busy month with not only my other job but also birthdays galore!! It's only been my beautiful daughters 10th birthday but mine too!!

We had a lovely weekend away in Bristol ~ my lovely husband took us and my darling parents where we shopped and ate (yes cream cakes too) and shopped some more and ate more!!  Needless to say I am back on the diet before all my new clothes are outgrown!!

I haven't had much time in the studio recently

 I have made a couple of starts on some beauties but I have also been playing with my background for my photographs.  Can you believe I have used the slate background for 5 years and I felt like I needed an update ~ truthfully my website needs a huge update but that one will have to wait.....

 So what do you think ?

I'm actually really liking it ~ the contrast which I was worried about, between metal and background is still good. The shabby rustic look is something I have always loved too :) 

So let me know won't you ...






xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love the new background, your jewellery stands out really well and looks great! And Happy Birthday both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, I'm loving your new background! From a photography point of view the contrast is still really good in fact I think I prefer it to the slate. You've managed to make it look current but still maintain your style. I'm loving the shabby chic look, you clever thing you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emma ~ always great to hear from a talented photographer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very nice, Jo! There is a lovely contrast between your jewellery and the background, and I agree with Emma that it still maintains your current style.

    Onward and upwards, gorgeous!!! :-D

    B.
    -xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is great for the photography!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to post a comment ~ I love reading them and even if I don't have chance to reply please know I appreciate each and every word ♥