January 25, 2012

Hearts ..

Its that time of year again when the aisles in the supermarkets are filled with hearts, flowers and chocolates

Its something although am totally still in love with my man ~ usually avoid at all costs.
But I do create with hearts, its a beautiful shape and can mean so many things.
Marshmallow Hearts
Pin It
The history of Saint Valentines day is pretty well known I think but for those that need a reminder..
Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day,[1][2][3] is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions.[1][3] The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine, and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It was deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
Taken from Wikipedia 

Of course I still think the most romantic part of Valentines Day, for me anyhow, was receiving a card from someone totally unknown.  The practice when I was just a teenager was to give cards unsigned, declaring your love or infatuation, has it changed?? 

One year , when the post was delivered before school,, I remember both my sister and I recieving unsigned cards ~ still to this day I have no clue who sent them.  We had ideas, or hopes I suppose but no one ever owned up *le sigh.... remember the butterflies in the tummy ~ it was sooo romantic ♥

Rich In Love
 Pin It

Whats the most romantic thing that has happened to you??

Sweet Hearts
 Pin It
Of course the most romantic day for me was the day my darling husband proposed but it wasn't St Valentines Day so probably doesn't count ;)


Love Notes in Copper
 Pin It
My collection of hearts ~ hope you like them

~♥~








xxx

2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by to post a comment ~ I love reading them and even if I don't have chance to reply please know I appreciate each and every word ♥